“Implementing European Green Deal in Posts” Course is developed with the goal to provide a practical framework for developing specific and targeted sustainable development skills and practices for posts. Specifically, the course aims to enhance and deepen the knowledge and competences of post offices’ staff on how to apply everyday actions against climate change at local level.
Expected benefits from the Course include:
- Outline basic elements of planning processes to deliver climate change action.
- Analyse principal challenges and opportunities for climate change action.
- State how climate change adaptation and mitigation are linked to district development plans.
- Identify ways in which they can reduce their household and community vulnerability to climate change.
- Outline the key elements of a plan for participatory monitoring and evaluation of community responses to climate change and associated challenges.
- Access a wide range of resources to build on the skills and knowledge developed during the training Course.
The objective of the course is to provide the target group with the knowledge and skills required to foster and develop their ideas into successfully implemented local actions against climate change. The course is developed by researchers, academics, experts and industry leaders with practical learning being the key focus throughout. The “Implementing European Green Deal in Posts” Course consists of 9 modules that include guidelines, exercises, and case studies. It is digitized through lectures and on-line group discussions which included in the “Virtual Think Tank” (PR4).
The indicative Modules’ titles of the Course addressing all Policy Areas of the European Green Deal are the following:
1. How posts can contribute to the EU’s climate ambition for 2030 and 2050
2. How posts can contribute to the use of clean, affordable and secure energy
3. How posts can contribute to a clean and circular economy
4. How posts can be built and renovated in an energy and resource efficient way
5. How posts can accelerate the shift to sustainable and smart mobility
6. How posts can implement the principles of the ‘Farm to Fork’ strategy: designing a fair, healthy and environmentally friendly food system
7. How posts can contribute to preserving and restoring ecosystems and biodiversity
8. How posts can contribute to a zero-pollution ambition for a toxic-free environment
9. How posts can “green” their budgets
A1. Design the structure for the implementation of the course, learning outcomes and handbook. – The preliminary stage of the course’s development included research on the immediate training needs of the target group.
A2. Development of the Course material – The course is self-paced and is divided into 9 modules. The modules are self standing and could be completed in any order. To receive a certificate of completion, at least 7 out of 9 Modules should be completed and the associated quizzes successfully passed. Each module contains an interactive lesson and a quiz.
A3. Translation of the Course – in partners national languages
A4. Pilot Testing and adjustment of the Course – each partner country with 20 participants.
LINK TO COURSE: https://vtt.greenposts.eu/login/index.php